Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25, 2012: Uneven Joy


3 gifts ugly-beautiful:
  • praying with my son as he left to go back
  • a friend's daughter leaving her abusive husband
  • my Christmas tree, the ornaments unevenly distributed, hung by an excited 11-year old girl decorating a tree for the first time ever

2 comments:

  1. all three of these gifts stir my soul- oh, the unbalanced beauty of a life redeemed by grace. Love the thought of those ornaments strung by 11 year old's hands. Our tree has a revolving look- all the little hands at my house keep those decorations in constant motion! Blessings as you count and find joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular 11 year old is a refugee, new to all the customs and traditions of Christmas. She took such delight in decorating the tree! Blessings to you as well, Alicia!

      Delete