Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7, 2013: Shining Out Light



3 gifts in His word: 

 As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.   
 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?  

It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.  

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights. 
Psalm 18:30-33


How good and pleasant it is
    when God’s people live together in unity!

 It is like precious oil poured on the head,
    running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
    down on the collar of his robe. 
 It is as if the dew of Hermon
    were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the Lord bestows his blessing,
    even life forevermore. 
a song of ascents, Psalm 133

 
 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment