Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

August 26, 2012: Gifts Buttoned Up

 
A gift cut, sewn, buttoned:  
  •  seemingly insurmountable problems, not too great for my God who will go any length to bring me to himself.  I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.  I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name  Isaiah 45:2-3
  • the soft and comfy cushions of the couch.  Great for napping and lounging, for whiling away a rainy Sunday evening.
  • a pair of pants, finally mended and checked off my TO DO list
 

No comments:

Post a Comment