Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6, 2012: Avocado Joy


3 gifts "ugly-beautiful"
  • a bicycle donated to our refugee mom.  An antique 5-speed with fenders, yet to her it is beautiful freedom, something she would have never even dreamed of owning.
  • an avocado.  Ugly on the outside, beautifully yummy on the inside.
  • me, oftentimes.  Just the opposite of the avocado: beauty on the outside, not so much on the inside. The ugliness of sin, of trying again and failing again.  Thankfully Jesus is in the beauty makeover business! And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Revelation 21:5

No comments:

Post a Comment