Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7, 2012: The Gift of Genuine Grace


3 gifts in what you are reading:
  • A challenge to be genuinely gracious: "grace is a dangerous thing and too often those who speak the most about grace are the most graceless of all."  (Ann Voskamp, "Why You Really May Need to be Done with Safe: Being a Dangerous Disciple of the Unsafe God", www.aholyexperience.com)
  • A reminder of God's sufficiency: "We each came to a moment of brokenness, and what we found there was God.  And He was enough.  We are all the same." (Joe Kissack, The Fourth Fisherman
  • A dare to trust that God is big enough: I will go before you and level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.  I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:2-3  "I wonder what might happen if we dared to ask for the impossible just a little more often."  (Lysa Terkeurst, "Asking God for the Impossible", www.proverbs31.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment