Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19, 2012: Lifelong Gifts


3 gifts from your childhood:
  • a legacy of love. Great grandparents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and loads of cousins all living nearby ensured no shortage of love.
  • a heritage of faith.  A blessing never to be taken for granted is growing up in a Christian home.
  • lifelong friends.  I am so thankful for two friends, Sue and Mary, who I went to school with from kindergarten through high school. They were both in my wedding and eventually our babies played together. In both cases, we drifted apart for a few years while our kids were growing up, but we never lost touch completely and today have renewed our friendship once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment