Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

May 6, 2012: The Gift of Compassion


3 gifts found in Christ:
  • compassion.  Moved to tears tonight when a brother in Christ shared a portion of his own pain.  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,  who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
  • hope.  Often I wonder how people can keep keeping on in a world filled with so much evil and despair if they don't have the hope found in Christ of something better to come.  May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
  • love.  I am again amazed at how much I already care for our family of refugees--only possible in Christ. This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. 1 John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment