Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012: There's No Place Like Home


3 gifts about your home:
  • my home is a place that expresses my faith.  I read a number of years ago an article that asked the question, "Would others know you are a Christian when they walked into your house?"  That really made me think and I began being more intentional about expressing my faith in my decor.  I hope my home now witnesses of my Lord.
  • my home is warm and welcoming.  Those two adjectives have been my goal as I have chosen colors and furniture.  They are words often used by visitors, so I think I have accomplished that.
  • my home is a place where family and friends are often found.  I believe my home is a blessing to be shared with those I love, so I enjoy opening it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment