Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12, 2012: The Gift of Water


a gift in wind, in water, in white:
  • a gift in wind: or more accurately, a gift after wind.  We had a tornado watch tonight with driving rain and winds, but after it passed through, the most beautiful pink sunset. It brought to mind the story in 1 Kings 19 where God reveals himself to Elijah.  The LORD said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by.”    Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.  After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. (v. 11-12)  God is all the power of an earthquake or a tornado, but he more often chooses to show his glory in a gentle whisper or a pink sunset.
  • a gift in water: the ice cold glass I drank and refilled with my dinner.  The water I can get straight out of the faucet any time I feel like it, without a second thought.  Did you know that 17 percent of the world's population has no access to clean drinking water?  That's a billion people!  For more information on the world water crisis, check out http://20liters.org
  • a gift in white: a little ceramic bird sitting on the table in my living room.  He is so sweet and cheerful, very springlike.

No comments:

Post a Comment