Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012: The Goodness in Almost Gone


3 gifts almost gone:
  • winter.  Winter is a gift because without it I certainly wouldn't appreciate the beauty, warmth, and new life of spring, but I'm glad it's almost gone.
  • lotion.  I received a bottle of very expensive eye cream as a gift.  It's almost gone now, but It's been fun to use something so luxurious that I would normally never buy.
  • happy hour.  I had plans to meet a friend for dinner tonight, but when we arrived at the agreed upon restaurant, found it closed.  We went to another restaurant across the street and when we sat down, the waitress told us that happy hour was almost gone, but that we had 5 minutes or so to order off that menu.  We quickly made our choices and ended up bargain priced meals of $2.99!  An unexpected gift.

2 comments: