Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23, 2012: The Gift of a Coffee Cup


3 gifts found in women today:
I ponder this dare as I leave from a morning spent with a longtime friend.  It was cool and pouring down rain outside, but as we sat in the coffee shop with cups to warm our hands, my heart was encouraged and strengthened by the time spent together.  I am blessed to have women in my life who are...
  • vulnerable.  Who aren't afraid to let their guard down, to expose their emotions.
  • joyous.  Who love to laugh and to share happy news.
  • compassionate.  Who feel another's pain and dare to venture in.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am doing the joy dare too, but just in my journal. Nice blog!
    Chellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chellie! The dare has really helped me keep my mind more focused on my blessings. Have you found that as well?

      Delete