Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 15, 2012: Gifts Both Given and Received


3 gifts given away:
  • a homemade card for my niece's birthday.
  • a hug to my husband.
  • time with a friend at dinner tonight.
It really seems like I shouldn't count these gifts as something given away because I received something equal or better in return.  I received the joy of making the card for my niece since I love crafting.  I received a hug in return for the one I gave. I received my friend's time back, as well as the pleasure of her company and a night out.  I guess that's the beauty of a gift, when you give you also receive, often multiplied. Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil—this is a gift of God. Ecclesiastes 5:19

No comments:

Post a Comment