Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29, 2012: Promises Kept


3 gifts of His promises:
  • Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:4-5
  • Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10
  • Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 
God's promises are such a comfort and strength.  I have made many promises and kept nowhere near all, but God has never and will never make a promise that he won't keep. He is trustworthy and true, he cannot lie. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. Psalm 145:13 All your words are true. Psalm 119:160 It is impossible for God to lie. Hebrews 6:18

2 helpful resources about God's promises:

http://www.intouch.org/resources/gods-promises

http://web001.rbc.org/pdf/discovery-series/how-does-god-keep-his-promises.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment