Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 14, 2012: Quiet Gifts


3 gifts in silence:
  • knowing.  Psalm 46:10 says Be still and know that I am God.  It's in the stillness, the silence that we meet God.  It's difficult to discern hear his voice in the midst of the noisy din and chaos of our daily lives.  It's not that he can't or won't speak there, it's just too hard for us to hear him.
  • pleasure.  I love being alone in my house during the day.  I almost never turn on the radio or TV.  I just enjoy the solitude.  Weird, I know.
  • ringing.  I have tinnitus, ringing in my ears.  It is non-relenting. I hate it, but I am counting it because God allows it and so I must believe he has a purpose for it.  Perhaps he is teaching me patience (he is always teaching me patience, it seems--I wish I was a faster learner), or to slow down and listen more carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment