Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

February 11, 2012: When Work Is a Gift


3 gifts found in working:
This being a Saturday, I didn't do much of what anyone might call actual work, but I did work on several projects that were indeed gifts.
  • The gift of memories.  I had a needlework piece that my Grandma did for my Mom at least 30 years ago.  It no longer had a frame and I've been on the lookout for one. Found it yesterday and so today my husband and I worked on getting fitting it in the frame and hung on the wall.  I love it!
  • The gift of creativity .  I worked on Valentine's cards yesterday and  then today to finish them up. I tried out several of the ideas I had pinned from Pinterest and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
  • The gift of giving. Made some Valentine's treats for our Girls' Night Out tonight.  We sampled them for dessert and during the movie. Frosting on top of the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment