Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 27, 2012: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly


3 ugly-beautiful gifts:
  •  rules. My first instinct when I see rules like these pool rules is to rebel. How dare anyone tell me what to do?  These rules are ridiculous!  But, really upon further thought, they are only for the safety of everyone using the pool. They are for our good, not meant to ruin anyone's fun but to ensure the enjoyment of all.  Really it's the same with God's rules. Sometimes they feel restrictive, but in actuality they are for my good, even for my blessing, my joy. Blessed is the one...whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.  That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,  which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers. Psalm 1:1-3
  • feet.  Ugly, yet they are also beautiful in function.  They carry me everywhere I need to go and I certainly would never trade them.
  • the cross.  What could be uglier than an instrument of torture and death, yet it is also the most beautiful symbol of mercy and life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment