Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 15, 2012: Lost and Found


a gift in losing something, in finding something, in making something:
  • lost my old life, found new life in Jesus.  That's the best trade ever! Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. Matthew 16:24-25.  I'm not always the best of disciples, but I'm still following along. 
  • found the glasses I had lost.  My husband and I went out for a Valentine's Day dinner and neither of us had our reading glasses.  You have never seen anything so pathetic as two old, half-blind people trying to read the menu in a dark restaurant.  Pathetic but funny. 
  • found satisfaction in making something new for my kitchen windowsill. I have the most lovely, wide kitchen windowsill and I enjoy having things on it that make me smile.  I was rather sad to take down my Valentine's decorations today, so I decided I needed something new there to cheer me up.  I started with a cute little green vase that I bought on sale a while ago for a dollar or two and then raided my scrapbooking stash to jazz it up a bit.  Cheap and easy joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment