Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Friday, February 3, 2012

February 3, 2012: A Gift in an Injury

3 gifts found in writing:
2 quotes that resonated with me found while web surfing on favorite sites today with little else to do, and 1 quote from God's Word that has echoed in my heart all week, taking on new meaning after slipping and falling down the steps in my house yesterday .
  • " In a world that is so ready to believe what is false, people so ready to behave falsely it is more than hard to be real. We become used to pasting on the false smile and saying we are "Fine!"  when fine is generally the last thing we feel." (transitional-woman.blogspot.com)
  •  "our hearts leak and will always end up empty when we find our worth in anything but who we are in Christ. Our value is not measured by what others think of us..." (reneeswope.com)
  • I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD,  the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip—   he who watches over you will not slumber. (Psalm 121:1-3)  I ponder this Scripture as I sit on the couch, typing one handed, injured and a little lonely.  I believe that my Lord is the Maker of heaven and earth, the maker of me, the maker of steps.  I believe that he has the power to keep me from falling. Therefore I can only conclude that he has some greater good in mind, some purpose for keeping me on the couch, sore groggy and tired.  Perhaps he has a quiet word to whisper to my soul and needed me to slow down to hear it. I don't pretend to know the answer but will attempt to wait patiently as he teaches. (P.S. the photo was borrowed from my son, who took it while hiking, injured, in the Sierra Nevada this summer, isn't it beautiful?)  

No comments:

Post a Comment