Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Friday, February 10, 2012

January 10, 2012: The Gift of Laughter


3 times you heard laughter today:
  • at the pharmacy.  The cheeriest pharmacy tech helped me today when I picked up a prescription.  She was kind and had a good sense of humor, and didn't seem to rushed to chat for a moment.
  • in my car.  I was driving home and there were some people in their front yard with their dog.  The dog was absolutely loving the fresh falling snow, jumping up and down, very excited.  It made me laugh out loud.
  • at a restaurant.  My husband and I went out for dinner tonight since we had some coupons that were about to expire.  We took advantage of one, but had another we wouldn't be able to use.  It was for $10 off $30 but all of the tables around us were couples and since the prices are inexpensive, I knew their tabs wouldn't be that much.  I peeked into another part of the restaurant and spotted a large family,  went up to them and gave them the coupon.  They were thrilled.  It was so much fun to be able to randomly surprise someone like that.  The highlight of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment