Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

February 9, 2012: Small Graces, Largely Unexpected


3 gifts that were surprises--unexpected grace!
  • 2 of the members at the church where I work who were more than happy to fold the Sunday bulletins for me today.  It's one thing to have people be willing to help you out, it's another thing entirely to have them be so glad to do it.  That's servant love, a reminder of God's love to me.  Micah 7:18 tells us how God delights to show us mercy.  I might begrudgingly show mercy, but when is the last time (ever?) that I delighted to show mercy to another?
  • Plans for a girls' night out with one of my sisters-in-law and our daughters.   Surprising, but pleasing, that they are willing to hang with the old ladies (especially on a weekend). Of course the fact that we are footing the bill probably doesn't hurt!
  • Grace from a staff member at my church when informed her of last minute changes in the schedule for Bible study next week.  She couldn't have been any nicer about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment