Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012: The Gift of ASKing


a gift of tin, of glass, of wood:
  • a tin sign that hangs over my kitchen sink.  It reads, "Ask, Seek, Knock" (Matthew 7:7) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  A reminder of the gift of prayer.  God invites us into a relationship with him, we are welcome to ask him for the things we need and even the things we want.  
  • a glass window in the stairwell of the second story of my house.  It is the only window in the house that faces east and it is a wonderful spot to peek at the sunrise in the morning.  
  • a wood table that sits in my front entryway.  A gift from my husband and children for Christmas.  I love the fact that my daughter picked it out and it is perfect for a spot that really needed something, but I didn't know what.

No comments:

Post a Comment