Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

February 4, 2012: Looking for Good Gifts in Times of Trial


3 gifts found when bent down:  Not doing much literal bending down today because frankly it's painful, so I am counting gifts found when bent down with an injury to the muscle in my arm.
  • the depth of my husband's love.  Not being able to get yourself dressed is rather humbling, but my dear husband truly is glad to help me in any and every way.  It's nice to know that's still true after 26 1/2 years of marriage. 
  • contentment.  For the first couple of days, I thought I would go nuts just sitting around, not able to do much.  Today I find myself more at peace.
  • single-mindedness.  I can't multi-task, so I am forced to focus on the one thing I can do at a time with one hand.
There is always blessing in suffering when we count it as joy, looking for the good, looking for God. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment