Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8, 2012: God's Repairing Love


a gift broken, a gift fixed, a gift thrifted:
  • A gift broken: the light breaking through the clouds this morning.  It was beautiful, soft pinks and oranges, and now has given rise to a startlingly blue sunny day.  
  • A gift fixed: my spirit during leader's meeting before Bible study this morning.  We spent some time in listening prayer, quietly attentive for anything God might speak to us.  Over and over again I felt as though he whispered, "Oh how I love you".  Amazingly, when we shared afterward, two other women also heard those same words.  The balm of perfect love a gift to a heart in need of repair.
  • A gift thrifted: the Valentine's banner that hangs on my china cabinet.  Another great idea I found on Pinterest.  The paper is pages torn from a secondhand book, the hearts are saved scraps left over from other projects, the buttons from a hodgepodge collection, some possibly from my Grandma's sewing cabinet.  It was simple enough to do with only one working hand, yet it makes me feel very happy and happy is a gift indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment