Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

February 25, 2012: The Gift of Family Fun


a gift nearly worn out, a gift new, a gift made-do:
  • my nearly worn out slippers.  My slippers are most always nearly worn out.  I wear them pretty much every day, all year long, when I am in the house.  I slide them on when I come home from work and they stay on my feel until I go to bed at night.  Then they sit next to the bed, waiting for me to  put them on when I wake up in the morning.
  • playing cards with my husband, parents and brother.  My husband and dad almost never play games with us, but tonight everyone played and it was great fun.
  • a made-do connection of what we call "Dutch cable" to watch a couple of basketball games tonight via the internet on the computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment