Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012: $10 Worth of Joy, Please


3 gifts found behind a door today:
  • 4 fun, frivolous little home decor items.  I stopped at one of my favorite stores today after work.  It's an antique/secondhand/re-purpose store.  Always different and interesting to browse through.    Nothing I actually needed, but each one makes me smile.  For a total of $10, that's pretty good therapy!
  • the makings for a delicious pot of vegetable tortellini soup for dinner.  Found dibs of this and dabs of that and managed to put together a great meal.  I really should go to the grocery store, but it was awfully nice not to.
  • The comfort and peace of coming home.  I do love my house.  I breathe a sigh of relief whenever I get there.  It's the place where I can truly relax and be myself.  I'm especially grateful to have a home tonight when so many people don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment