Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 28, 2012: The Gift of Remembering


3 gifts from the past that help you trust the future:
  • my wedding ring.  The vows my husband made when we were married help me trust that he will still be there for me in the future.  That he will still love me, still be faithful to me, still cherish me.  That forever means always.
  • my job and the timing of it helps me trust that God will provide a new job for my daughter too.  When I began looking for work over six years ago, I thought I'd find position by the time school started in September.  Not so.  I didn't begin until January.  But His timing was perfect after all.  My job is flexible and supplies the funds I desired to help my kids with their college tuition, exactly as I prayed for.
  • God's promise in Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  These words were written by the prophet thousands of years ago, yet the promise is still true today, and tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment