Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January 11, 2012: Fresh Mercy Colored Yellow

3 yellow things that strike you as fresh mercy:

  • The moon: It's been amazing this week to see the moon full and round, high in the morning sky.  It has looked almost yellow, which I understand from my local TV meteorologist, means it's a waning gibbous moon.  The Heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.  Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.  Psalm 19:1-4
  • The sun: Another sunny, warm day!  In the middle of January!!  As the sunshine floods my living room windows, so it floods my soul.  In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course.  It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat.  Psalm 19:5-6
  • Honey: I heard a wonderful teaching on Psalm 19 at Bible study this morning.  This psalm of David gives three yellow metaphors for the Torah, God's Word: light, gold and honey.  I immediately pictured the beautiful jar of honey that I received from one of my precious sisters-in-law for Christmas.  It is pure and lovely, delicious to eat, just like the Word of God. The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul.  The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.  The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.  The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.  The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever.  The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous.  They are more precious than gold, they are sweeter than honey, than  honey from the comb.  By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. Psalm 19:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment