Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012: Jesus Is Just. Right.

A gift that's sour, a gift that's sweet, a gift that's Just. Right. 


  • A gift that's sour: It was a gift to celebrate a very special aunt's 92nd birthday tonight, but the sour part was having to leave the party early.  In retrospect though, the just right gift was the result of the sour.  Isn't that so often the case? Something tastes sour at first, but if you don't spit it out, it ends up to be delicious!
  • A gift that's sweet: God gifted us with a wonderful answer to prayer on our daughter's behalf.  She is miserable at her job and very much wanted to get away for a couple of days by joining us for an upcoming family outing,  but couldn't get anyone to work for her.  I told her that we'd be praying about it and to not count it as loss until we see what God might do.  Today my daughter called me to tell me that someone who originally told her she couldn't work for her, now can.
  • A gift that's Just. Right: A little time tonight to be with Jesus.  A few moments to sit and be quiet in the midst of an unusually busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment