Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 26, 2012: Gifts Around the Clock


a gift before nine am, gift before noon, a gift after dark:
  • a gift before nine am: time spent reading "Jesus Calling" this morning before work.  The best devotional I have ever had.  I've recommended and gifted it to more people than any other book ever. The author, Sarah Young, helps focus my thoughts in one or two brief paragraphs.  She is scripturally sound and truly inspired of God.  I love the way she writes in first person, as though Jesus is talking right to me.
  • a gift before noon: an email devotion from Proverbs 31 Ministries that I read at work which blessed me and gave me hope and encouragement today. It was about praying for your kids with other moms.  So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it. 1 Thessalonians 5:11(MSG)
  • a gift after dark: a phone call from my daughter telling me that she has a second interview for a new job.  It's a gift to see God working and moving in her life.


No comments:

Post a Comment