Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012: He Makes All Things New


3 old things seen new:
  • a friendship.  I had dinner with my dear friend Brenda tonight (actually I have 2 dear friends named Brenda).   She was one of my first friends at church, a gift from God when I really needed one.   An old friendship is made new again whenever we spend time together. She knows my heart and loves me anyway.
  • the old old story.  I couldn't sleep last night and after laying in bed for a couple of hours, finally got up to read.  I finished in one hour a little book called "Dinner with a Perfect Stranger" (David Gregory) about a man who receives a dinner invitation from Jesus, the Gospel fresh and new.  It's a simple story, but it answers so many of the questions and doubts that many of us have.  He invites you too and has already picked up the tab!
  • my Grandma's depression glass.  She was a farmer's wife and didn't own many fancy things, but I love this pink glassware that now has new life in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment