Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 22, 2012: Grace, Sometimes Wrinkled


one grace wrinkled, one grace smoothed, one grace unfolded:
  • One grace wrinkled: Lately, I've been so blessed by reminders of God's forgiveness.  Grace. Then today the Spirit whispered within me that as I've been forgiven, I also must forgive.  A friend has caused me pain and I feel that God is telling me it's time to let that go.  This will not be easy. My friend has not asked for forgiveness or expressed any regret for my pain. Sometimes grace is wrinkled.
  • One grace smoothed: I wasn't quite looking forward to church this morning, knowing I would be going alone.  In spite of my attitude, it was a blessed morning. So glad I didn't miss it.  Wonderful worship, a thought provoking message on Acts, and best of all--a flash mob in the middle of it all.  True joy.  Grace gone before me, planned ahead and smoothed out.
  • One grace unfolded: Phone calls and texts that are signs of hope and encouragement.  Grace continues to unfold in a relationship undergoing restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment