Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8, 2012: Living in the Light of Grace

Light that caught you, a reflection that surprised you, a shadow that fell lovely:
  •  A light that caught me was a beautiful farewell service for the founding pastor of my church, who God has called elsewhere.  David Crowder led our worship this morning and it was indeed a gift.  So many emotions that I was caught up in: adoration for my Jesus, sadness at the farewell, excitement at where God will take our church next, joy to be a part of what God is doing in this world to renew and redeem. 
  • A reflection that surprised me occurred just after midnight actually.  I counted the gift of my daughter stopping over last night as one of my graces for yesterday.  The reflection was the reflection of love that I've been blessed to pour into her.  She has been struggling for a few years and every time I call out to God in prayer for her, His answer to me is to just love her. It's not always easy, and I have failed often, but I have attempted to be faithtul.  Last night after she left, I texted her to see if she had arrived home safely and told her I love her.  She texted me back to say that she loves me too.  God's love reflected to me, to her, and then back to me again.  
  • A shadow that fell lovely is the bedroom that we just finished painting.  It's somewhat bittersweet because it is my daughter's former bedroom.  We are sad to not have her living here, but made plans to turn her room into a guest room.  The paint color (gray) turned out to look just lovely.  I was afraid it might be cold, but it's not and I really like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment