Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18, 2012: Good and Perfect Gifts


3 gifts from God's Word:
  • a precept:  Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
  • a promise: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11
  • a prayer: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13
These are three of my favorite Scripture verses.  God's Word is so chock full of gifts, it was hard to choose, but these three have spoken hope and encouragement to me many, many times. The verse from Proverbs hangs in my home as a constant reminder to me to keep trusting God, even through the hard times. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment