Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 21, 2012: Grace Sparkles


one thing in the sky, one thing from your memory, one thing that's ugly-beautiful:
  • One thing in the sky: sunshine and vivid blue color.  Lovely the way the sun sparkled on the snow.
  • One thing from your memory: God's forgiveness for past sins.  Even though I made plenty of poor choices when I was younger, God has blessed me with a faithful, loving husband and 26 years of marriage (so far).  Reminded of the grace in that at a women's conference on marriage today. 
  • One thing that's ugly-beautiful: my tears.  Sometimes I hate the fact that I cry so easily.  It's embarrassing and sometimes ugly.  But it's also a beautiful gift to be so compassionate for others that I cry when they cry.  I'm comforted by the promise that God never thinks my tears are senseless. You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8

No comments:

Post a Comment