Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Monday, January 9, 2012

January 09, 2012: An Unexpected Gift

A gift in your hand, a gift that you walked by, a gift that you sat with:
  
  • a gift in my hand: Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts.  I am reading it...slowly...it contains volumes of wisdom to soak in.  
  • a gift that you walked by: big, beautiful blackberries at the grocery store today.  50 cents!  What a luscious treat in the middle of January!
  • a gift that you sat with: dear, longtime friends that we don't get to see very often.  Ran into them at a meeting tonight and were able to sit together and linger afterward to catch up.  An unexpected gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment