Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012: Blessings All Around Me



Something above you, something below you, something beside you:
  • Something above you:  the snow falling tonight is just gorgeous.  I am not a big fan of winter, but  I can't deny how beautiful it is. A visual reminder of God's inestimable grace. “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."  Isaiah 1:18
  • Something below me: the warmth of thick socks and fuzzy slippers on a very cold night.
  • Something beside me: a faithful friend who has been meeting me at the gym two mornings a week for a couple of years now.  I turn the alarm off every time if I didn't know she was going to be there waiting for me. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment