Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7, 2012: Surprised by Grace

3 graces from people you love:
  • Much grace from my husband today as I got rather irritable while we tackled the task of painting one of the bedrooms.  Emptying the room and taping are a big fat pain, but he was very patient and tolerant despite my moodiness.
  • Grace from my dad, who called to give me a report of the visit he and my mom had with my son.  I love knowing  all the details of what they did, and you just know you aren't going to get them from your kids! 
  • Unexpected grace from my daughter, who came over on a Saturday night to visit.  I think she was pretty curious to see how the paint looked in her old bedroom, but it was still a bonus to see her tonight. 
When I saw this dare for today,  I thought, "Great.  My husband and I are going to be home alone all day painting.  How will I come up with three graces from three different people?"  Should have known that God had all kinds of gifts in store for the day.  Really, I could have listed more than three as my brother-in-law and nephew also ended over at our house today--2 more people I love.

The song that ran through my head all day is "Grace, grace, God's grace.  Grace that is greater than all our sin."  Truth.

Just in case you're wondering and want to join in, tomorrow's dare is:
Light that caught you, a reflection that surprised you, a shadow that fell lovely
Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment