Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012: Gifts from Special Women


3 gifts that might never have been:
  • the new felt Valentine wreath that I made today, now hanging on the mirror in my front entryway might never have been if it weren't for Pinterest.  I spend too much time on it, but it's just so fun!  It amazes me how many incredibly talented women are willing to share their gifts with others.  I've gotten numerous wonderful ideas from them, including this one that I adapted from http://www.theidearoom.net.
  • the strength that I draw from my Moms In Touch sisters-in-Christ.  If I send out an email asking for prayer, they are the first to respond and I always know that when they say they'll pray, they do.  These dear friends enrich and bless my life and that might never have been if the first two didn't keep inviting me back when my children were in elementary school.  
  • dinner out with my husband.  It might never have been if it weren't for the beautiful leaders I serve with in my Bible study.  They blessed me with restaurant gift certificates last Christmas and I've been hoarding this last one. I love those women more than I can express!  

No comments:

Post a Comment