Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012: Grace in Every Color


One grace borrowed, one grace found, one grace inherited:
  • One grace borrowed: the comfort of knowing that God will never remove his hand from me.  In the 32nd psalm, David writes of the agony of unconfessed sin on both soul and body. For day and night your hand was heavy on me (verse 4a). I always thought the description of God's hand on him was  God bearing down on David, a kind of torture, until he repented.  Instead, it was a constant reminder of God's presence, waiting until David was ready to turn back to Him. God's grace to David and to me too.
  • One grace found: among the women in my Bible study group.  They are never judgmental and always allow me to be honest, speaking truth with love and grace. It is a privilege to journey with them.
  • One grace inherited: a little sewing cabinet that was my grandma's.  It is very simply, but well constructed, built by her dad, my great grandpa. Filled to the brim with every sort of sewing notion (many of which I have no idea what to do with), including thread in every color of the rainbow, it is a treasure trove.  Today I found in it a package of dark grey bias tape and used it to trim an old lamp shade to place on the dresser in the guest bedroom.  It looks darling--I'm sure my grandma would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment