Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

January 19, 2012: Grace at the Kitchen Table


a grace in the kitchen, a grace in the weather, a grace that might never have been:
  • A grace in the kitchen: the table set for three tonight, instead of the usual two.  A gift of grace to have my daughter join us for dinner tonight.
  • A grace in the weather: the sun coming out at 2:45 pm.  All day long I could see outside from my desk at work.  The wind was blowing, the snow drifting, it looked cold and nasty and I dreaded going out in it after a dangerous drive there this morning.  At almost exactly the time I left work, the sun popped out and the wind died down.  It was a lovely drive home, the sunshine a surprise grace.
  • A grace that might never have been: I was thinking tonight about how different my life would have been if God hadn't seen fit to bless me with Christian parents.  If I hadn't sung the "The B-I-B-L-E" on the swings in the backyard and known that God loved me even as a little girl,  who would I be?  Would I know at all?  Would anyone have told me?   To grow up not remembering a time when I didn't love Jesus--that's grace beyond comprehension, that is grace that might never have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment