Welcome!

This blog is my response to The Joy Dare by Ann Voskamp, author of the book "One Thousand Gifts". Every day (hopefully) I will be recording three things that bring me joy, three gifts from God, three things that I am grateful for.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 20, 2012: Looking Close Up to Find a Gift


3 gifts you saw only when you got close up:
  • I had to be over on the other side of town (a half hour drive) at 2:30 today and planned to meet my daughter to do some shopping when she got off work at 6:00.  A huge waste of gas to drive all the way home, only to turn around and go back again, so I wanted to find something to kill some time in between.  I ended up at Target, where they had lots of good stuff 70% off.  Found some great deals, including a candle holder I love for only $3.71.  Far away, an inconvenience.  Close up, a gift.
  • I was helping my daughter look for a dress with no success.  We were feeling rather down and almost give up when we drove past a store we hadn't tried. It was 8:45 so we thought it was too late, but then saw that they are open until 9:30 so we decided to take a look.  Found a very nice dress marked down to $10!  Far away, a disappointment.  Close up, a gift.
  • At dinner after shopping the waitress was rather slow, even though there was hardly anyone else in the restaurant.  It was a blessing to have extra time with my daughter.  Far away, an annoyance.  Close up, a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment